add an inspection report
You should now have successfully added landlord, tenant and maintenance contract details to your property. The following guide demonstrates how to add an inspection report to your property:
1. Open the application from your home screen.
2. Press on the Sync now wording at the bottom of the screen to ensure all new updates have been captured. You may have to scroll down to the bottom of the screen if you have a lot of properties on your home screen.
3. Press the property that you would like to add an inspection report to.
4. This will open up the following screen where you can insert the information. Press on Add Report in order to open the inspection report where you will insert your information.
5. The Inspected by field will already be populated with the landlord’s name. The next information you will have to insert are the electricity and gas meter readings. Press on Meter point electricity to insert the meter number.
6. Insert the electricity meter reading number and press Done at the bottom right hand side of the screen which will take you back to the main inspection page for the property.
7. Press on the Meter point gas and follow the same process to insert the gas meter reading number. Press Done after inserting the meter number to return to the main inspection page.
8. You are now asked if the property is furnished and if the tenants are present for the inspection. If no, please move on to next section. If yes, press on the NO button which will change the answer to YES.
9. The next section is where you add the inspection details relating to both internal and external areas of the property. Please note that this section defaults to External only – you will need to add all other rooms.
10. Press on External which will take you to all the external areas of the property which you need to inspect.
11. Press on Building external to rate the condition – 1 being Very poor to 5 being Very good/Excellent. Once you have selected the appropriate condition, it will be recorded and you will automatically be taken back to the main external screen.
12. Complete the above step for the rest of the External areas of the property. When you come to Scaffolding present, press on it which will then give you the option to change from NO to YES. You will need to press External at the top left hand side of the screen to return to the main external screen.
13. There is also the option to add an item to the external areas which you would like to inspect. Press on Add item in blue to enable this function.
14. This will open up a list of items which you can select. If the item you wish to add is not on this list, scroll to the bottom where you will find Other. Press Other to manually type in the name of the area you wish to add to the External list.
15. Press Done to confirm this change. You will then also be asked to rate the condition of the shed. One this action has been completed, Shed will appear in the main External list.
16. The maintenance issues section is where you can manually add observation notes to support your condition ratings. Press on Maintenance issues.
17. Press External at the top left hand side of the screen to return to the main external screen where you can upload a photograph as supporting evidence.
18. Press Add photo which will enable to you take a photograph using your Iphone. You will then have the option to Retake or Use this picture.
19. Press Use and the photograph will be added to your report. You will have an option to add additional photographs or return to the main inspection page.
20. Press Add room to add each of the internal rooms within the property and follow the same steps to rate the condition, add observation notes and upload photographs for each of them.
21. The next section is where you confirm whether the property is HMO. This defaults to no but please press the NO button to change to YES if required. You will then be shown a list of statements, press the circle to the right of the statement to tick if applicable.
22. You will then be asked to rate the Housekeeping of the property. Press on General Housekeeping to again, rate the condition.
23. You will then be automatically taken back to the main inspection screen where you now need to confirm some statements. Press the circle to the right of the statement to tick if applicable.
24. Press on General comments in order to manually add observation notes to support your full inspection. Press Report at the top left hand side to return to the main inspection page.
25. Press Done at the top right hand side of the page to confirm all details inserted which will return you the main property page.